Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Status: Toolset Crash

Joy of joys, I had a significant toolset crash which caused various issues today. I should have backed up this small project more regularly...

The toolset crash not only managed to destroy a dozen blueprints, but also filled four rather large scripts with absolutely nothing. Even more strangely, it reset all my toolset settings back to as if I'd just installed the game.

I've just recovered the blueprint, and now have to rewrite those scripts before I can finish with this small project - and I was just doing my final pre-release test too!

I guess patch 1.13 isn't so reliable after all... :(

2 comments:

Amraphael said...

That's a heavy crash. Glad to see that you solved it.
I try to avoid them by hitting my Backup-Icon in the Windows quick bar. It's a simple bat-script that makes a new folder each time with the date and version in its name. If you wish yo can take a look at it here:
http://nwn2-zork.blogspot.com/2008/
07/thou-shalt-backup-thy-module.html

Wyrin said...

that sounded nasty. still curious to see what the small project is!