Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Status: It's My Birthday (and I'll Mod If I Want To)

In celebration, I decided to give myself a bit of a break from packing my belongings into boxes today, and treat myself to some time off to work on Fate of a City. Knowing I'll be on a hiatus for a few weeks is simultaneously motivating and demotivating, as I don't want to start anything and leave it half-finished, but at the same time, I want to get as much done as possible. That brings me to the recent work I've been doing, which has been a veritable medieval merchant wagon full of dialogue, and a healthly loot-bag full of scripted sequences and cutscenes.


I've added a few new screenshots to my gallery so you can see some of the work that's been done - I just wanted to pick the shots I was most happy with up there. In addition, I don't want to give too much away of the plot just yet, especially not when I'm coming so close to finishing. My estimates tell me that I've less than 10% of work remaining, so the final stage of bringing everything together into a complete package is rapidly approaching.I'm still steering clear of a release date for the moment, simply because I don't know how long it will take to be to return to modding after I leave.

5 comments:

Amraphael said...

Congratulations! By the load screens I see that it's going forward and just 10% left makes this one just around the corner. So when you return to the toolset we won't have to wait long.

EC said...

Happy Birthday! :) 90% done: that's another cause for celebration! Screens here and in gallery look very good! Congrats.

Lance Botelle (Bard of Althéa) said...

Happy Birthday!

I look forward to having a look at this mod. :) And only 10% to go ... yeh!

Lance.

Wyrin said...

happy birthday

and hope the move goes well - was it the UK you're coming to? a nice part?

AmstradHero said...

Thanks for the well-wishes guys!

I'm going to be living in York when I arrive, and although I've not been there before, I've been told repeatedly that it's very nice.