Monday, March 10, 2008

Status Update 10-Mar: Companion Conversations

As I posted last week, other commitments have meant that I'm destined to fall behind my schedule for a little while - though hopefully I'll manage to catch over the next few weeks. The time that I have had to spend on 'Fate Of A City' this week has been spent working on dialog for some semi-important characters around the city, and also working on one of the potential companions that the player can acquire upon their travels. As I've mentioned previously, the companions have their own beliefs, and they will frequently voice their opinion on events that happen during the game. Of course, if you do something that they particularly dislike, they can be quite vocal with their disapproval. That said, I'm making sure that I don't hamstring the player into making specific choices in order to keep your companions from leaving on a whim, though you might want to be careful if you're continually aggravating and belittling a companion. I must admit that I'm having a lot of fun writing those particular exchanges, and I hope you'll enjoy them when the module is released!

No comments: