Sunday, March 30, 2008

Status Update 30-Mar: Schedule Changes

Hi all. I know I haven't updated this blog in quite some time, but that's not to say that I haven't been busy. In fact, nothing could be further from the truth. However, the bulk of my time that has been 'spare' time has actually been spent working on a competition entry for Obsidian's Exterior Area Design competition. While it's still pending approval, it should appear on this entry page before too long. Look for the entry "Highlands" by 'AmstradHero' that hopefully should appear shortly! I've spent a fair amount of time on creating this area, and it's been a very valuable experience in terms of coming to terms with the nuances of the toolset and developing an effective workflow in creating exterior areas. Overall, I've had a lot of fun creating it, and I'd love for someone to be able to use it in their module or a Persistent World. (Unforunately, I don't really have use for it in 'Fate Of A City')

There's also two more things. The first is that I may have even less time to spend on the project than I previously imagined due to some fairly significant life changes that are occurring... in that I'm packing up my bags and moving from Australia to the UK later on in the year. Of course, moving is not a simple process, and there are many things to sort out, all of which will take time, which may (read: will almost certainly) reduce the amount of spare time I have to work on 'Fate Of A City'. So I must state (with no small amount of regret) that the release date is now "when it's done."

In addition, in response to the poll that I conducted regarding NWN2 & MotB ownership, I will now be using MotB resources in order to make 'Fate Of A City', due to the unanimous (albeit only seven votes) verdict that visitors (or at least those interested enough to vote) have MotB, so there's no reason I shouldn't be using the full gamut of options available from using MotB-only resources. If you have any objections to this... speak up quickly, else the mod may not be playable if you only have vanilla NWN2!

Finally, know that I'm working hard on 'Fate Of A City'. I'm still looking to make it a fun and engrossing adventure for all, be they a righteous paladin seeking divine favour, or a ruthless assassin willing to sacrifice anyone and anything for personal gain.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One question: What is the name of the town? Are you going to place it in a determinated region of the Forgotten Realms?

I think it would be better this way, in order to make a more credible history.

Good luck with the area contest.

Ayrin said...

Glad to hear you´re still alive and you are still working on your module!
Congratulations to your entry in the area contest. I´m downloading it right now and I will take a look at it later that day.
Take all the time you need to make your module as good as you want it to be !

Wyrin said...

you're coming to the UK? That's a pretty big move!

Highlands area is nice and big to get lost (and ambushed) in! ;)