Sunday, May 18, 2008

Status Update 18-May: Screenshot Bonanza

Yes, I know, there aren't any screenshots visible in this post. But rather than posting the occasional screenshot here in the blog, I've been saving up some over a few days to post them in one big group. This way, I can include a link to a screenshot gallery so that people can view them all eighteen of them in one place. Also, if you've got an opinion on me posting one or two screenshots here occasionally or saving them up for a post like this, I'd like to hear it!

If you flick through those screenshots, you'll notice a new party member by the name Veolus Wend. Veolus is a rather poor tempered individual that very rarely receives a favourable reception from others, but he does not endear himself to others. Veolus is a hard man with very little time for others, for his prime concern is himself.

I also hope that the dialog screenshots give you a good indication of the quality of the dialog you can expect (and I hope you like what you see!). Not only are options and outcomes dependent on your abilities and skills, but expect to be able to choose from a variety of different answers. Your answers will have consequences, whether it is the immediate consequence of an alignment change, an NPC reacting less favourably, or even more far-reaching than that...

Also, I'm interested to know whether people are interested in having crafting implemented in the module. I'm still debating this decision myself, though I'm leaning towards trying to implement the OC/MotB system so as to provide players with a familiar experience and to limit the amount of additional effort required - adding in a whole new crafting system isn't exactly a small undertaking. So please, vote away on my latest poll and comment freely!

NB. Yes, I know I wrote "particular" instead of "particularly" in the middle poll option. I've made a mental note to pay more attention when I'm creating polls, as it's not possible to change them after the first vote! :-(

1 comment:

mooncalf165 said...

Some really great screenshots there! Dialogue's so important (and underappreciated) I've always thought; it's great to see it get the attention it deserves.

All the best,
Nick