Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Status Update 30-Apr: Custom Items Ahoy!

The past couple of weeks have been fairly busy, so I haven't been able to dedicate a whole lot of time to the mod, but I've been back to the introductory scene within the module, tweaking and testing it to make sure everything runs smoothly. As I'm sure any of you would know who've done involved cutscenes, getting things to happen exactly how and when you want isn't always the simplest of tasks. There's also been some fine touches to some of the areas I'd already created, just adding in little bits and pieces to increase the overall ambiance and visual appeal based on things I learned while creating my entry for the area competition.

And based on the poll results, it seems that (almost) everyone is a fan of custom items! In light of the votes the poll was receiving during its time, I'd already started work on a number of custom items over what I'd already created. At the moment, there's over 20 custom items create (which have varying degrees of usefulness), each with a backstory or description (ranging in size from short to fairly lengthy). But I'm by no means finished yet... perhaps the more difficult thing may be trying to work out where I'm going to fit them all into the module!

While I won't give away any of the details of the items just yet, I thought I'd post a screenshot of an outfit you could construct from the items created so far.


I should also mention that this is a shot from the Rich Quarter within Darthall... I believe I promised another screenshot of it quite a while ago!

4 comments:

Amraphael said...

Cutscenes can be a nightmare, I know . Nice screenshot btw. Looking forward to play this mod.

Wyrin said...

really like the screenshot - and the blending on the path.

AmstradHero said...

Thank you both! It's always nice to know that people like what they're seeing and that they're interested in the mod.

Unknown said...

It's looking pretty impressive amstradhero... :)