Sunday, August 3, 2008

Status: Fate of a Release Date

The first thing you may notice about this post is the new design of the site. I felt as though some tweaks to the appearance of the blog were long overdue, and while I could quite easily spend a long time tweaking the presentation of the site, I just wanted to make a few small facelifts. I'd love to know whether you like the new look.

In development news, I have been making significant progress on multiple fronts, and I'm now approximately 80% complete in the module. The strands of the plot are starting to tie together for the finale, and it's quite exciting to see the form of the module taking a shape verging on its final form.

However, despite the progress I've been making, my real life commitments are peaking, and my move to the UK is looming ever closer, meaning the amount of free time I have to mod is diminishing. This is in addition to needing to really push through and do some more voice-over recordings for Melirinda's module "A DeathStalker", where I'll be playing the role of Saemon Havarian.

As a result, my desire to release by September will probably go unfulfilled; it must follow the fate of all release dates and suffer a delay. Instead, my loose release date is now "November". While I know this is somewhat vague, it should give some indication of when I think all development and testing will be completed. I'd love to release earlier, but I want to make sure that I release a high quality, bug-free module that will be an intense and fulfilling roleplaying experience. I want to make sure that when you sit down to play 'Fate of a City', you'll get to play a module that you won't forget anytime soon.

So rest assured that I'll post updates when I can, and I'll be working away on adding to the adventure within Darthall whenever I have a spare moment.

3 comments:

EC said...

80%... you're almost there! Congratulations! New site looks very good.

Ferris GTI said...

I like the new look Amstrad. I think it's an improvement... did you design it on a Mac?

Indira Lightfoot said...

I like Kyandra! :)